Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Year, New Look

And no, I haven't had the baby yet.

New look for the Bartlett Blog. Thought we could use something different as we embark on a new year, and wait the next two weeks out for this baby to arrive. In messing with the blog I lost my "baby counter" which was to the left of the layout, and also my picture of "The King..." but hopefully once I get this attorney out of here and on the next plane to Florida, I can get things bakc to where they were.

I'm 38 weeks as of yesterday and feel like I'm playing a game of Beat the Clock, but am never sure when the clock will run out. What if I leave something undone at work and don't show up the next day because the baby came? Then there are days I get it all done and sit and wait some more. Babies come on God's watch, not mine, which tests my patience...but, after wrapping up 2008 and thinking about all I learned from that year, patience is now much easier than ever for me. So we'll keep waiting. The Boy told someone on the phone last week, "My brother is not here yet..." seems as if the papparazzi were asking.

T minus three hours until we depart for the airport, and I'm attorney free for the next ten days to follow. More of a post then, I promise... with pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look! I can't believe you're 38 weeks! Remember this past spring when you told me you were knocked up and I said I might be, too?! Jeez... I'm so glad we've had the chance to go through this together (well, I'm mostly glad I had you to bug every five minutes with a question or complaint)... Just a few more weeks to go (hopefully less!).
xo
coco